Anthony sets Knicks, MSG records with 62 points
- Lakers rookie F Randle out for season
- Bulls rip Knicks 104-80 in Rose's return
- Aldridge, Blazers survive Westbrook's 38
- Suns dominate Lakers despite Bryant's 31
- Heat beat Wizards to open post-James era
NEW YORK (AP) Carmelo Anthony has scored a Knicks-record 62 points, most at the current Madison Square Garden, in New York's game against the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday night.
Anthony set the records when he banked in a short jumper with 7:24 remaining, giving the Knicks a 109-72 lead. He broke Bernard King's team mark of 60 points and passed Kobe Bryant's building record of 61, set five years ago.
Anthony shot 23 of 35 from the field, including a make when he took off from midcourt at the halftime buzzer, and grabbed 13 rebounds.
He passed Kevin Durant's 54 points for most in the NBA this season.
Updated January 24, 2014