Anthony sets Knicks, MSG records with 62 points
- Spurs never trail in 111-87 rout of Heat
- Green's 41 help Suns rally by Thunder
- Kings give ex-Rocket White 10-day deal
- Nets' Garnett out at Boston due to back
- Jefferson scores 34, Bobcats rout Pacers
NEW YORK (AP) Carmelo Anthony has scored a Knicks-record 62 points, most at the current Madison Square Garden, in New York's game against the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday night.
Anthony set the records when he banked in a short jumper with 7:24 remaining, giving the Knicks a 109-72 lead. He broke Bernard King's team mark of 60 points and passed Kobe Bryant's building record of 61, set five years ago.
Anthony shot 23 of 35 from the field, including a make when he took off from midcourt at the halftime buzzer, and grabbed 13 rebounds.
He passed Kevin Durant's 54 points for most in the NBA this season.
Updated January 24, 2014