Wright-Phillips scores 2 late goals, Red Bulls beat Union
European Football Headlines
- FIFA publishes Garcia report on 2018-2022 World Cup bidding
- Germany beats England on penalties, into U21 Euros final
- Saul Niguez scores 3 for Spain to reach European U21 final
- FIFA: No improper activity by Qatar but conduct questioned
- Agent Jorge Mendes appears before judge in Falcao tax probe
- Fox Sports, Facebook team up to stream Champions League
- Slavia Prague signs midfielders Danny, Altintop, Rotan
- Austria 'keeper Almer out indefinitely after knee surgery
- Italy goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu leaves PSG for Torino
- Sparta Prague signs forwards Ben Chaim, Plavsic
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Bradley Wright-Phillips scored two late goals and the New York Red Bulls beat the Philadelphia Union 2-0 on Sunday.
Wright-Phillips put a sliding one-touch, off a cross from Kemar Lawrence, into the net from a step inside the 6-yard box in the 87th minute to give the Red Bulls (7-7-2) a 1-0 lead. It was New York's first road goal since Wright-Phillips scored in the 13th minute of a 4-1 loss at Houston on April 1, snapping a drought of more than 520 minutes. He added his eighth of the season in the second minute of stoppage time.
Philadelphia (4-7-4) played a man down after Derrick Jones was given a straight red card for a foul on Felipe Martins in the 53rd minute.
Luis Robles had three saves, including a diving, one-handed stop of a rocket by Chris Pontius from point-blank range in the 22nd, and recorded his first shutout since a 2-0 win over Columbus on April 22.
Philadelphia has lost three in a row.
Updated June 18, 2017
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.