|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- Inter leapfrogs Lazio to take final Champions League spot
- Elis scores twice as Dynamo beat Fire 3-2
- Iniesta bids farewell to Barcelona, Torres to Atletico
- AP Interview: PSG's Tuchel cautious when talking of ambition
- Sporting loses cup final after 'horror movie' week
- Green, Sargent join Pulisic on US soccer roster vs Bolivia
- DC United beats Earthquakes 3-1
- Bayern Munich fans pay tribute to Jupp Heynckes, again
- Late goals by Takagi power Cerezo over Hiroshima in J-League
- Small clubs cross fingers for World Cup windfalls
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017