|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- Mexico relishing chance to show its worth against Russia
- Albanian club Skenderbeu stripped of 2016 championship
- Southampton appoints Pellegrino as manager on 3-year deal
- Portugal weighs resting Ronaldo for New Zealand game
- Brazilian league filled with possible transfer targets
- Messi offers to pay $558,000 to avoid 21-month jail sentence
- FIFA takes no further action on Mexico-New Zealand clashes
- FIFA bans Ghana defender Inkoom for 1 year because of debt
- Sochi club withdraws from league in blow to World Cup plans
- Russians hit the bar as beer ban lifted for Confed Cup
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017