|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- Lyon risks season ban by UEFA for fan racism, disorder
- Kekuta Manneh added to US roster for Paraguay game March 27
- Astori 'tragedy' weighs on Italy as rebuilding process opens
- Brazil to play Austria in final warmup game for World Cup
- Ronaldo versus Messi: Scoring race heats up in Spain
- Players clash as Lyon beats Marseille 3-2; PSG wins
- Man United-Spurs, Chelsea-Southampton in FA Cup semifinals
- Ronaldo scores 4 goals as Madrid beats Girona 6-3
- Barcelona takes 11-point lead; Ronaldo scores 4 for Madrid
- Napoli's title hopes reignited; Icardi scores 4 in Serie A
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017