|National Football League|
Foles ties NFL record with 7 TD passes
- Colts re-sign 41-year-old K Vinatieri
- Falcons agree to re-sign DT Babineaux
- Redskins keep LB Riley for 3 years, $13M
- Lions re-sign RB Bell for 3 years, $9.3M
- Seahawks re-sign TE McCoy to 1-year deal
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) Nick Foles has tied an NFL record by throwing seven touchdown passes for the Philadelphia Eagles against the Oakland Raiders.
Foles matched the record last reached in the season-opener by Peyton Manning when he connected with Riley Cooper on a 5-yard pass with 4:28 remaining in the third quarter. It was his third TD pass to Cooper on the day.
Foles also connected with Brent Celek, Zach Ertz, LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson to become the seventh quarterback to throw for seven TDs in a single game. The others to reach that mark are Sid Luckman, Adrian Burk, George Blanda, Y.A. Tittle and Joe Kapp.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
Updated November 3, 2013