Washburn leads Utah over Arizona State 60-55
- Kansas C Embiid may miss start of NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. stay 1-2 in Top 25
- ISU's Ejim is AP Big 12 player of year
- Delaware gets first NCAA berth since '99
- Manhattan holds off Iona for MAAC title
By LYNN DeBRUIN
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) Jason Washburn tied a career high with 26 points on 9-of-12 shooting and Utah defeated Arizona State 60-55 on Wednesday night.
The victory avenged a 55-54 overtime loss in Tempe on Jan. 2.
Washburn had 19 points, 18 rebounds, and four blocks in the first game.
His reverse layup put Utah ahead 54-53 late, then two free throws with 25 seconds remaining helped seal Wednesday's victory.
Jared DuBois' ensuing free throws provided the final margin.
The Devils led 49-41 with 7:17 remaining but were outscored 19-6 the rest of the way.
ASU trailed 29-22 at halftime, tying its lowest first-half output.
Updated February 13, 2013