Washburn leads Utah over Arizona State 60-55
- Krzyzewski: Ultimate honor to coach USA
- Elon joining CAA in latest expansion
- UConn C Wolf returns after case dropped
- UMKC coach Richardson completes staff
- Memphis F Black transferring to Kansas
By LYNN DeBRUIN
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) Jason Washburn tied a career high with 26 points on 9-of-12 shooting and Utah defeated Arizona State 60-55 on Wednesday night.
The victory avenged a 55-54 overtime loss in Tempe on Jan. 2.
Washburn had 19 points, 18 rebounds, and four blocks in the first game.
His reverse layup put Utah ahead 54-53 late, then two free throws with 25 seconds remaining helped seal Wednesday's victory.
Jared DuBois' ensuing free throws provided the final margin.
The Devils led 49-41 with 7:17 remaining but were outscored 19-6 the rest of the way.
ASU trailed 29-22 at halftime, tying its lowest first-half output.
Updated February 13, 2013