Arizona State beats USC 98-93 in overtime
- Arizona No. 1 for first time since 2003
- No. 13 Oregon gets past Ole Miss 115-105
- No. 24 SDSU rallies to beat Washington
- McDermott has 33, Creighton tops Huskers
- Rice scores 22 as Illinois rips Auburn
By AL BRAVO
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) Jahii Carson had 21 points and eight assists as Arizona State held off Southern California in overtime 98-93 Thursday night in Pac-12 play.
Jonathan Gilling scored five points in the extra period for the Sun Devils, which allowed a six-point lead in the final minute of regulation to get away.
In overtime, with USC down by three, the Trojans' Jio Fontan missed a 3-pointer from the top of the key with 5 seconds left.
Evan Gordon had 28 points and three assists for the Sun Devils (15-4, 4-2 Pac-12). The teams were tied at 69 with 4:40 left before Arizona State ran off eight straight points.
Fontan led the Trojans (8-12, 3-4) with 25 points and Terrell scored 20.
Updated January 25, 2013