Arizona State beats USC 98-93 in overtime
- Villanova wins Big East title outright
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach on court
- Cincy beats Memphis, stays tied atop AAC
- Gamecocks ban Martin 1 game for language
- Cyclones G Palo may seek hardship waiver
By AL BRAVO
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) Jahii Carson had 21 points and eight assists as Arizona State held off Southern California in overtime 98-93 Thursday night in Pac-12 play.
Jonathan Gilling scored five points in the extra period for the Sun Devils, which allowed a six-point lead in the final minute of regulation to get away.
In overtime, with USC down by three, the Trojans' Jio Fontan missed a 3-pointer from the top of the key with 5 seconds left.
Evan Gordon had 28 points and three assists for the Sun Devils (15-4, 4-2 Pac-12). The teams were tied at 69 with 4:40 left before Arizona State ran off eight straight points.
Fontan led the Trojans (8-12, 3-4) with 25 points and Terrell scored 20.
Updated January 25, 2013