Oregon defeats Arizona State 68-65
- Ex-Rutgers player sues over Rice abuse
- Arizona No. 1 for first time since 2003
- SE Louisiana penalized by NCAA
- Take-charge Gasser key for No. 4 Badgers
- No. 23 Iowa uses 19-0 run to rout FDU
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) Tony Woods scored 14 points for Oregon, including the go-ahead dunk in the final minutes, as the Ducks held on to defeat Arizona State 68-65 on Sunday night.
Damyean Dotson and Carlos Emory scored 14 points apiece for Oregon (14-2, 3-0 Pac-12), and Dominic Artis added 10.
Carson's potential game-tying 3-pointer at the buzzer was wide.
A 3-pointer by Felix with 2:08 to play put Arizona State up 60-59, but Woods answered for the Ducks with a two-handed slam to give Oregon a 61-60 advantage with 1:44 remaining.
Oregon went 7 of 8 from the free-throw line in the final minute to seal the win.
The Ducks used a 7-2 run in the final 3 minutes of the first half to lead 32-28 at halftime.
Updated January 13, 2013