Carson heroics give Arizona St OT win over Utah
- Florida, Wichita St. stay 1-2 in Top 25
- Kansas expects C Embiid to play in NCAAs
- ISU's Ejim is AP Big 12 player of year
- Players back South Carolina coach Martin
- Arizona dominates with 3 Pac-12 awards
By BOB BAUM
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) Arizona State freshman Jahii Carson sank a 3-pointer to send the game into overtime, then made a driving layup with 35 seconds left for what proved to be the game-winner in the Sun Devils' 55-54 victory over Utah in the teams' Pac-12 opener on Wednesday night.
Carson was just 5 of 18 shooting, 1 of 6 on 3s, but made the two biggest baskets in a slow-paced contest that saw neither team lead by more than six points. Carrick Felix had 17 points and 16 rebounds, Carson scored 15 and Jordan Bachynski had 14 points for the Sun Devils (12-2).
Updated January 3, 2013