Carson heroics give Arizona St OT win over Utah
- Memphis F Black transferring to Kansas
- FIU G Smith follows Pitino to Minnesota
- Pitt, Stanford in Legends Classic field
- F Breunig transferring to Montana
- Alford buyout to net New Mexico $625K
By BOB BAUM
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) Arizona State freshman Jahii Carson sank a 3-pointer to send the game into overtime, then made a driving layup with 35 seconds left for what proved to be the game-winner in the Sun Devils' 55-54 victory over Utah in the teams' Pac-12 opener on Wednesday night.
Carson was just 5 of 18 shooting, 1 of 6 on 3s, but made the two biggest baskets in a slow-paced contest that saw neither team lead by more than six points. Carrick Felix had 17 points and 16 rebounds, Carson scored 15 and Jordan Bachynski had 14 points for the Sun Devils (12-2).
Updated January 3, 2013