DePaul defeats Arizona State 78-61
- Alford buyout to net New Mexico $625K
- Washington G Wilcox has foot surgery
- K-State adds F Bolden from Georgetown
- Stoudamire back in Arizona as assistant
- WCC gives Zaninovich 3-year extension
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) Brandon Young scored 18 points and had nine assists in leading DePaul to its fifth consecutive win, a 78-61 decision Wednesday over Arizona State.
Carrick Felix had 12 points and six rebounds for the Sun Devils (8-2), which had won four straight and were 8-1 for only the fourth time in 38 years.
The Blue Demons (7-3) rebounded from a 1 of 9 start from the field and used a 17-4 spurt early in the second half to take a 22-point lead with 10:29 remaining.
Worrel Clahar added 14 points and a pair of steals for DePaul.
Updated December 12, 2012